20 Affordable Engagement Rings for 2022
Published date: 30th December 2021 | Author: Gracie Pritchard
NB: To help you browse our best suggestions we have included some third party links. Some purchases made through these links may earn us a commission to help keep our blogs and offers current and up to date. Thanks for your support!
When it comes to buying engagement rings, it can truly be a tricky ordeal, especially when you’re buying on a budget. Not everyone planning their big day has the ability to spend a large chunk of their wedding budget on wedding rings and engagement jewellery, no matter how important it may be, and that’s absolutely fine. We’ve even seen people propose with Haribo rings, purely because they haven’t got round to or are saving for the engagement ring (and there’s no shame in that). Some people just prefer to keep it simple when it comes to proposing.
So, you’ll be happy to know there is a wide variety of gorgeous, affordable engagement rings from lots of different brands available for you to shop from in-store and online – here is our guide and a few of our favourites for your inspiration (if you need help that is):
What Qualifies As An Affordable Engagement Ring?
The answer to this question is simple: there isn’t an answer! What qualifies as ‘affordable’ when it comes to engagement rings is different for everyone. Some people may need to spend less than £50 on their ring and some may find that anything below £500 is classified as ‘affordable’. So the answer to this question is subjective really. Although, personally we believe anything under £100 could be classed as affordable as that should leave more than enough to spend on the rest of your wedding jewellery, as well as having that little bit of wiggle room to splash the cash elsewhere!
How Much Should I Expect To Pay?
Expect to pay however much your personal budget allows for your engagement jewellery. It all depends on the kind of ring (e.g. metal, gemstone, carat etc.) that you’re looking for (i.e. more quantity of metal is more expensive).
According to Who, What, Where, the average cost of an engagement ring should be (allow it doesn’t have to be) around the same price as a month’s worth of wages. But again, choosing the right engagement piece is a very personal choice, and for some, spending that much money isn’t feasible. So, keep that in mind when looking for your engagement. And be smart – you may be able to find cheaper dupes for more expensive rings that look just as nice or lookout for any deals or sales that jewellers may have to help you save a pretty penny!
What's The Difference Between Cheap And Expensive Gemstone/Diamond Rings?
The main differences between inexpensive and expensive rings usually come down to three very important factors; quantity and quality of metals/material used, quantity and quality of the diamonds or gemstones used and the craftsmanship of the piece in question (for example, you get good quality ruby or ruby with less quality for a cheaper price). And unfortunately, when you pay less money for a ring, you may have to make some sacrifices here or there when it comes to quality or quantity.
However, that doesn’t mean that the ring you buy won’t mean as much, as ring buying is a very personal process and price doesn’t matter. As long as you and your partner love the rings, the price tag that comes along with it is irrelevant. And you’ll be happy to know that you could find a wide variety of synthetic stones for your engagement ring which will dramatically affect the price. Although, slightly more expensive rings may mean they last longer!
How Do I Care For A Cheap Ring To Make It Last?
Of course, when you spend less money on a ring, it’ll take a bit more effort to care for it, as it may be made with slightly less quality. But this may not be common knowledge, so we thought we’d put together a short list of tips to keep your ring looking as good as new:
- Keep It Away From Water: Unlike more expensive rings (that are more than likely made from higher quality metals), cheaper engagement rings aren’t as durable when it comes to being exposed to water. So make sure you take them off before cleaning, showering etc. Only clean them with a dry cloth!
- Use Top Coat: To keep your more affordable rings from tarnishing, you could always use a top coat/varnish to protect them from chipping, rusting or leaving marks on your skin. You use your hands every day and your rings are often exposed to harsh environments, so using a top coat can keep your rings looking fresh.
- Get Rid of Oxidation Marks: Over time, inexpensive rings can oxidize due to be being exposed to the harsh environment of everyday life. But fear not, you can get rid of oxidation stains and marks quite easily with toothpaste!
20 of Our Favourite Affordable/Cheap Engagement Rings
What would this blog be without us sharing some of our favourite affordable engagement rings for a bit of inspiration? Here are 20 cheap rings for you to have a look at:
Engagement Rings Under £50
1. Reclaimed Vintage Inspired Fashion Ring, £6.25, ASOS
How gorgeous is this ring, we’re absolutely obsessed, and for that price too? Who could complain!
2. Green Solitaire Ring, £35, Pandora
If there’s one thing that Pandora know how to do, it’s provide gorgeous engagement rings for a great price, and this ring is no exception. They’re one of our favourite jewellery brands for a reason!
3. Sterling Silver Cubic Zirconia Engagement Ring, £29.99, Argos
Who would have thought that Argos would be providing engagement rings this gorgeous and for such an amazing price, this engagement ring is amazing!
4. Elegant Sparkle Fashion Ring, £45, Pandora
When it comes to buying cheap engagement rings, that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice the overall look of the ring, and this piece from Pandora proves that!
5. Clear Heart Solitaire Ring, £40, Pandora
If you’re a fan of dainty jewellery, you’ll love this classic style solitaire ring from Pandora – just wow! And they have a bunch of other simple styles to choose from.
6. Zirconia Engagement Ring, £29.99, Argos
Does anything say ‘I Love You’ more than an engagement ring shaped like a heart, as far as cheap engagement rings go, this one is stunning!
7. Miss Selfridge Oval Stone Occasion Ring, £4.80, ASOS
Oval engagement rings were all the rage in 2021 and continue to be so in 2022, so why not get your hands on one of these gorgeous engagement rings from ASOS.
8. Hammered Gold And Diamante Star Gold Occasion Ring, £16, Not On The High Street
Not On The High Street know what they’re doing when it comes to cheap engagement rings, and this one in particular is absolutely gorgeous!
9. Moon Fashion Ring With Opal Stones, £18.99, ASOS
This moon-shaped ring with opal stones from ASOS is absolutely gorgeous, it’s the right mix of classic with a modern, unusual twist!
10. Blue Crystal Stone Gold Plated Ring, £16, Not On The High Street
If you’re looking for a more unusual engagement ring then look no further, this blue crystal piece is an absolutely gorgeous item of jewellery!
Engagement Rings Under £100
11. Pear Cut Diamond Halo Engagement Ring, £80, Infinity Diamond Jewellery
If you’re looking for diamond rings on a budget, look no further, as this Halo ring from Infinity Diamond Jewellery is a stunning piece of jewellery!
12. Diamond Fancy Half Shape Eternity Ring, £99.95, The Jewel Hut
Talk about fancy, we’re obsessed with more simple engagement rings, and this piece from The Jewel Hut is the perfect combination of a simple and dramatic style!
13. Vermeil Fern Green Topaz Stone Deco Ring, £90, Not On The High Street
Coloured gemstones are so trendy nowadays, and this beautiful topaz deco ring from Not On The High Street is the perfect example of the gorgeous, cheap engagement rings available on the market right now! A gorgeous birthstone too if you’re a November baby.
14. Oval Cut Diamond Halo Shape Engagement Ring, £80, Infinity Diamond Jewellery
Wow, who says you have to go for simple if you’re looking to buy an engagement ring on a budget, this gorgeous piece definitely has a dramatic flair! It’s all in the little details. A fantastic brand to look into!
15. Diamond Solitaire Engagement Ring, £74.98, Argos
Solitaire rings come in all shapes, sizes and styles, and we think this piece from Argos’ online store is absolutely beautiful – and for such a good price too!
Engagement Rings Over £100
16. Jeulia Solitaire Engagement Round Shape Sterling Silver Ring, £104.50, Jeulia
We’re absolutely obsessed with this beautiful piece from Jeulia, a classic twist on the traditional engagement ring, but gorgeous nonetheless. Such an amazing brand for such a great price!
17. Moissanite Engagement Ring, £177.19, Etsy
Etsy has a fantastic collection of affordable engagement rings available, and this stunning Moissanite material piece is no exception!
18. Tasia 9ct Gold Oval Blue And White Sapphire Ring, £207, Not On The High Street
If you’re looking for a sapphire ring on a budget, Not On The High Street has got you covered. And if you or your partner are a September baby, it’s also really trendy to use your birthstone as part of your wedding ring/engagement ring!
19. Jeulia Floral Shape Design Round Cut Sterling Silver Ring, £165, Jeulia
Rose gold is a stunning metal/material to use as part of your engagement ring, and Jeulia have this beautiful piece to offer as part of their engagement ring collection with a bunch of different styles! It’s all in the details!
20. Natural Diamond Classic Engagement Ring, £121.91, Etsy
Yet another beautiful piece from Etsy’s engagement ring collection, this rectangular-shaped natural diamond ring is absolutely gorgeous!
Don’t feel deflated if you can’t afford to spend hundreds on your wedding rings/engagement jewellery (it’s more common than you’d think), some people even propose pre-engagement ring buying to save money. At the end of the day, the ring on your finger is merely a symbol of your love for your partner, it doesn’t matter how much it costs as long as you love each other, price is just a number.
Remember to keep an eye out for potential deals and sales that may help you save some money, we’re sure most jewellers will be happy to be at your service if you need help choosing what to buy, in store and online. Happy shopping!