Using Google My Business to Reach More Customers
Published date: 31st January 2022 | Author: Charlotte Purnell
NB: To help you browse our best suggestions we have included some third party links. Some purchases made through these links may earn us a commission to help keep our blogs and offers current and up to date. Thanks for your support!
Creating a Google Business profile is a great way to reach more local customers searching for wedding suppliers! Without a Google Business profile, you might not show up when couples search ‘wedding photographer near me’ or ‘florist near me’ and it could cause you to miss out on business.
A Google Business profile allows you to get more information about your business online, and even allows you to build some reviews from your customers!
A Google Business profile is easy and free to set up, so it’s worth spending the time making sure this is added correctly with a link to your website or your phone number. Read on to find out more!
How do I set it up?
The business profile is relatively easy to set up, but here’s some step-by-step information:
- Login to Google or create a Google account if you don’t already have one. Then head to Google Business Profile Manager.
- Type your business name, if it doesn’t appear then click add your business and fill out the information it requires.
- Add your businesses address, or if you don’t have premises you can select your service areas instead.
- Ensure you accurately fill in any contact information.
- Verify your business by adding your full postal address, this will not be displayed on your profile.
- Google requires any physical businesses to be posted a code to the address, once you’ve received this code you can go back into your account and enter it to verify your business.
- Enter key information such as opening times and even photos!
Optimise your profile
Optimising your Google Business profile is important as it helps customers find your page and ensure they have all the information they need once they’ve found it. Here are our top tips for optimising your profile:
- Ensure all information that can be completed is filled out accurately and always keep it up to date
- Verify your location once you’ve received the postal code
- Add pictures and even videos of your business (if you’re a photographer, this could be pictures from your portfolio)
- Include relevant keywords in your profile (e.g. wedding photographer, wedding pictures, wedding photography, wedding photos)
- Encourage your customers to leave reviews and ensure you respond politely to the reviews, especially if there are any bad reviews
- Add special features (e.g. LGBTQ+ friendly or women-owned)
These tips will make sure you have a great looking and accurate Google Business profile so when customers come looking, they’re impressed!