How To Use Instagram Reels To Promote Your Wedding Business
Published date: 9th August 2021 | Author: Charlotte Purnell
Through running your own business, chances are, you know the importance of utilising various social media platforms. Instagram being one of the most popular amongst businesses AND their target audiences.
And as video content is a fan favourite, Instagram reels are about to make social media a whole lot easier!
But, if by this point you’re wondering what they are and how they could possibly be used for your wedding business, then this blog will be a massive help.
We’ll run you through exactly what Instagram reels are, how to use them and most importantly, how they can help you to further develop your social media status!
What Are Instagram Reels?
Social media can be daunting at the best of times, let alone when in-app tools get thrown into the mix. But Instagram Reels really aren’t as confusing as they sound!
First introduced in 2020, Instagram describe Reels as “a new way to create and discover short, entertaining videos”, where they invite you to “record and edit 15- second multi-clips videos with audio, effects and new creative tools”.
Essentially, Instagram users now have access to a new ‘TikTok’-esque feed as part of the explore page (be careful, once you start scrolling, you won’t be able to stop), where they can post and view short videos, tailored to them and their desired audience.
And as you can probably imagine, Reels have taken Instagram by storm (you’ve probably come across them yourself), and many businesses are now using them alongside their regular stories and social posts.
But the real question is; how do you use them?
Charlotte’s Top Tip
Keep an eye on Instagram’s website and social media pages, they’re constantly developing new tools and providing new updates for the app that could massively benefit your business!
The Ultimate Guide To Using Instagram Reels
Now onto the part you’ve all been waiting for, how to use Instagram reels for business!
Thankfully, we’ve put together a short, but informative guide that should help you along the way:
- Much like posting a story, you can start your Instagram Reel journey by pressing the + button at the top of your feed, and scroll across to the ‘Reel’ heading.
- Once you’ve gotten to this point, you should be able to see a page from your camera’s POV, with various new and exciting editing features along the left-hand side.
- These features allow you to add music, change the speed, add filters and correct either pre-filmed or live footage as part of your reel.
- Simply press the camera icon at the bottom of the screen to film your clips.
- If you’re familiar with Tik-Tok, pressing the preview button in the bottom-right corner, once all your footage is ready, will take you to a page where you can tag people, create a cover image and write a caption for your new reel.
- And from this point on, all you have to do is share!
They really aren’t as complicated as they seem. If anything, they make content creation easier. In just a few clicks, you’ll be well on your way to the Instagram Reel fyp (for you page)!
Charlotte’s Top Tip
Make sure you continue to use hashtags, as they can really help you to reach your desired target audience #goodluck!
What To Post On Your Instagram Reels
Now you know how to post reels, it would only make sense to provide you with a few ideas as to what you could post on Reels:
- Sharing Available Dates – do you have a few dates free and need a new way to let your audience know? Why not put together a Reel, with all of the available dates and who they should contact for more information.
- Sharing Products You Provide – creating reels for products/services you provide is another great way to sell your business to your target audience. It’s also a great way to provide them with enticing visuals!
- Show Previous Clients – the first thing that new customers look at are reviews from previous customers. Using reels to showcase previous weddings/ events could be a fantastic way to show what you can provide as a business and how happy previous clients have been with your service!
Charlotte’s Top Tip
Find your niche/USP and make it known. Every business has something that makes them stand out from the rest, so finding out what yours is could be a great way to use Reels to your advantage!
How Instagram Reels Can Help Your Wedding Business
If you’re familiar with trends, then you’ll know that Tik Tok has absolutely blown up in the social media market.
Everyone and their mother (quite literally) has a Tik Tok account, and Instagram recognises that the easy-scrolling format has been a huge hit. Which is why Reels are such a fantastic way to reach your audience – it’s been tried and tested with great success already!
Unlike stories that disappear within 24 hours (unless you add them to your highlights), Reels allow you to provide your target audience with quick and easy video content that stays on your account, much like IGTV’s (just not as long) without any hassle.
What’s not to love!
Charlotte’s Top Tips
Don’t be afraid to experiment. Ultimately, social media is trial and error; some things will work for you, some won’t. But you won’t know for sure until you try!
See, they really aren’t as bad as they sound! Of course, at first Reels seem daunting, as does every new tool that you come across. But with a little bit of practice (you know what they say, practice makes perfect), you’ll be well on the way to using Instagram reels for business. Good luck!