We want to hear from you
During lockdown, we thought it would be a great idea to get creative juices flowing by asking our wedding pros to submit some of their stories. Now if you are like us, we have oodles of them, from funny, heart-warming, crazy, to damn right weird and challenging.
They all make great stories so let’s share them with each other at this time to uplift our souls, make us cry, chuckle, gasp and roar with laughter. You can change your name and the names of your characters to keep it super confidential if you like. Let’s use this time in lockdown to give us something to look back on and smile.
Stories can be funny, inspirational, dramatic or even jaw-dropping. They can be about COVID or not, it’s up to you. Here are some of our suggested topics:
- Resilience & excellence
- Overcoming obstacles
- Humous stories
- Life lessons
- Thinking outside of the box
- Following your passion
- Family dramas
- Weird & wonderful
- Damn right outrageous
- Stories are based on true events that have happened in your career. It can be simply that we can help write if you like, just give us the bones of the story.
- All stories are to be written in the first person and should have a beginning, middle and end as all good stories should.
- No long intro about yourself and your business, this is not an advertorial. It’s a story, so should start in the action and should jump off the page. Not an essay!
- Speak from the heart and don’t be afraid. If you simply did not get on with your client then say what you think. We can publish anonymous names for your peace of mind to protect you and your clients.
- Write in the past tense. These are stories of experience so write them in that way.
- Keep your story to 1,300 words or less.
- We don’t mind the odd swear word, it keeps it real.
- Your story must be based on a factual event.
- Your story should close with a punch to create emotion rather than simply talking about it. Emotions like roaring with laughter, make you scream Wow! Leaving Goosebumps, tears, shock or a combination of all. Most of our powerful stories are about acts of love and help, service to others as well as the most outrageous ones and how people handled them as a wedding pro.
- We also accept Poems, but they must read like a story.
We can’t wait to hear back from you and read them!