5 Top Tips to Optimise Your For Better For Worse Listing
Published date: 8th November 2021 | Author: Charlotte Purnell
NB: To help you browse our best suggestions we have included some third party links. Some purchases made through these links may earn us a commission to help keep our blogs and offers current and up to date. Thanks for your support!
Keeping your listing up to date is a big part of maximising your enquiries with us, and you’ll be happy to know that updating it with relevant content is really easy!
I know times are busy currently and I speak to venues on a daily basis who tell me they are currently having a wedding every day as well as being booked up for 2022. This may apply to you too, but have you thought about 2023 and beyond?
I’m often asked about how venues can improve their listing to bring in more enquiries and stand out from their competitors.
So, I thought it would be easier to put together my 5 top tips on how to improve your For Better For Worse listing:
- Use as many images as you can! But, you should always ensure these are high quality images and don’t just use images of your venue. Obviously, you need to sell your venue to your potential couple but they would also like to see what a wedding at your venue could look like so include images of people, include all diversities not just them beautiful venue shots!
- Make sure your listing has reviews and keep these up to date so couples can read about other wedding days and this will help sell your venue and gain trust of newly engaged couples.
- Add a video to your listing. This gives potential couples a feel of your venue and what their dream wedding day could look like. If you don’t have a video, have a look on YouTube to see if a couple or videographer has uploaded their own. As it’s a public domain, you can use this on your listing!
- You probably have phone calls daily with couples asking the same questions, well why not pop them on your FAQ’s on your listing so you provide them the information straight away. This could be your capacity, whether you offer indoor and outdoor ceremonies or maybe whether you’re doggy friendly!
- Last but not least, make sure you tick all the features that apply to your venue as this will help you appear in search results when couples are searching for their dream wedding venue.
Charlotte’s Top Tip
Make sure your content is unique. It may seem easier to you to just copy content from your website or another listing you already have but NO. Stop there. Make sure your content for your listing is different to any other piece of content you have on the web. It may seem like a dawning task but it will pay off and Google will love you!
If you need help updating your listing or need login details to do so, then please contact us and the team will be happy to help!