The Priests House lies within the intimate and unmatched beauty of the Yorkshire Dales, standing within the presence of the majestic 12th century ruins of Barden Tower. We are a family run wedding venue and are proud to have been a part of hundreds of couples “best days”, and we would be delighted to be a part of yours.
Our lovingly and authentically restored Old Chapel is perfect for holding your ceremony, with its large, grand windows, original features and stone walls. For wedding breakfasts of thirty-two or more, The Old Chapel serves as a stunning setting for your meal. Meanwhile, for smaller parties, the House itself is an ideal and intimate room for your wedding breakfast following the ceremony in the Chapel. With log fires, original wooden beams and historical artefacts the House provides a setting full of character and medieval-era charm.
As we are situated in the Wharfedale Valley, fabulous views surround the entire venue. Outside of the Chapel, we have a courtyard, lawn and orchard with outside seating, which all serves as a perfect place to enjoy the tranquil setting. On your day, these will all be exclusive for you and your guests only shared with our family of ducks, two pheasants and the robin who have made our venue their home!
Here at The Priests House we can confidently promise a day to remember including:
– a stunning backdrop to truly capture just how magic your day is.
– delicious food courtesy of our in-house catering provided by our Head Chef Mark (warning – please come hungry!)
– a service team that is personable, professional and efficient. We take pride in the fact that we foster an environment whereby our couples can focus on themselves and their guests, and not the wedding details.
– exclusive use of our immaculately maintained grounds and venue, including both The Priests House and The Old Chapel.
– the attention to detail and passion that comes with being a family business – we truly care and take to heart that your day exceeds everything that you had imagined for it.
– access to a large catalogue of wedding decorations, from rustic to traditional wedding fayre free of charge. In addition, we also have an award-winning in-house floristry service courtesy of our business owner, Debbie.
We would love to hear from you about how we can help make your big day happen. Please read through our brochure and we hope to hear from you soon!
Similar venues we know you'll love
Not sure this is the venue for you? No problem. Based on your search results, here are some other options that we think might tickle your fancy...
- Offers Available
- Virtual Tour