Set in the heart of the Dorset countryside Kingston Maurward’s 17th Century House and Gardens are an idyllic location for the perfect wedding. Discover the tranquil, peaceful and intimate setting, beautifully situated with a scenic lake, extensive lawns and formal gardens providing the ideal backdrop to a wonderful day. With its parkland approach and sweeping drive, the Georgian mansion house and ornate rooms set the scene for a Civil Ceremony, Wedding Breakfast and Evening Reception. The picturesque setting is the ultimate backdrop for those treasured photographs capturing the essence of an English Country House Wedding, whilst friendly, professional staff will ensure that the entire day is tailored to individual requirements. With its stunning countryside setting, traditional menu and unrivalled facilities, Kingston Maurward will provide a wedding day to remember forever.
Unlike many other reception venues, Kingston Maurward offers you exclusive use of all state rooms during your special day. You can choose how to use our rooms to create your perfect layout including reception room, quiet rooms for tired adults or even a TV lounge for restless youngsters. Our five rooms for your exclusive use comprise the Grand Entrance Hall, Pengelly Room, Whatmoor Room, Old Library and Conference Hall.
– The Grand Entrance Hall with its stunning high ceiling, central chandelier and twin marble fireplaces will give your guests the wow factor as they are greeted with reception drinks and canapes. For larger functions this room is used in conjunction with the Pengelly Room before your guests move to the Conference Hall for dinner. It is particularly impressive in winter or early spring with glasses of mulled wine served beside a roaring log fire.
– The Old Library has solid oak paneling and a fireplace surrounded by magnificent bookshelves. Its beautiful oak floor and the ornate carved ceiling is the ideal setting for your civil ceremony.
– The Pengelly Room, formerly the music room, is richly decorated with hand-painted Italian wallpaper. Entered through the Grand Entrance Hall it commands views of the rolling lawns and five-acre lake.
– The adjoining and equally exquisite Whatmoor Room offers aspects of the lake and the ornamental pond. On a fine summer day reception drinks may be served outside on the terrace.
– The Conference Hall is suitable for larger functions and is impressively transformed with an inner marquee lining. This creates the perfect illusion of an outdoor event with the convenience of being indoors. A choice of pelmet colours are available to complement your colour scheme.
Our mission is to provide you with a perfect day to remember, tailored for your individual requirements. We believe our combination of friendly staff, stunning setting, quality food, wine and service enables us to do just this. Whatever your wish, we will do our utmost to accommodate you in every way possible.
Kelly & Gavin Relph
1 Mar 2014
Had the best day of my life. Would not have been such a success without such wonderful staff. Kingston Maurward will always be a magical place for me and Gavin.…
Sarah & Mark Parton
1 Oct 2013
Mark, myself and my family would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for making our wedding day nothing short of magical. We know that lots of…
1 Sep 2011
I was invited to a recent Wedding at Kingston Maurward – the venue and gardens are superb! The weather was beautiful and we had our welcome drinks and canapes outside.…
Arty Party Cakes
1 Sep 2009
We delivered a cake to a wedding in early September 2009. The venue room was fitted out with white drapes like a marquee and looked absolutely stunning! In fine weather…
Similar venues we know you'll love
Not sure this is the venue for you? No problem. Based on your search results, here are some other options that we think might tickle your fancy...
- Offers Available