An exciting and truly unique wedding venue is in the making, located in the heart of coastal Northumberland. We are situated on a working farm amidst undulating unspoilt countryside, private and secluded making your wedding exclusive to you and your guests.
What makes us different from other venues?
Doxford Farm offers exclusivity to you and your guests for 3 days, straying away from the ‘norm’ of in and out in one day. Imagine arriving a day before your wedding, allowing you to add your perfect touches to your big day. Wake up surrounded by family and friends within a stones throw of your venue. Step outside your bridal suite into unspoilt countryside relaxed, stress free and excited for the day ahead, knowing everything is in hand.
Walk into ‘The Great Barn’, steeped in history but tastefully renovated to cater for up to 160 guests, cocooned around a spectacular oak frame, beautifully up lit by mood lighting. The perfect venue to enjoy your sumptuous wedding breakfast and to dance the night away under a starlit dance floor. Awakening refreshed relaxed and rejuvenated in your luxurious bridal suite looking forward to married life together. Now is the time to spend with family and friends to reminisce over a relaxed brunch, utilising your venue for your final day.
Our aim is to allow you the time to enjoy your wedding experience, not just your wedding day, offering flexibility to ensure the impossible is made possible.
Our venue consists of the following:
– The Great Barn seating up to 160 guests (250 evening) under beautiful oak beams.
– The Cart Shed – an area for a small ceremony or comfy seating for guests
– The 18th century Threshing Hall boasts a rustic appearance with original oak beams and classic stone work. This spacious venue can host up to 150 guests and is a magnificent area for civil ceremonies.
– The Forge – an area for the bride prior to the ceremony, after the ceremony a cosy seating area for guests.
– The Turnbull Bar – a fully stocked bar, competitively priced for guests.
– The choice from three outstanding caterers offering a sumptuous wedding breakfast using locally sourced produce.
– Seven self-catering holiday cottages sleeping up to 40 people a stones throw from the great barn-wedding venue.
– Doxford Lake – a stunning area for photos, drinks reception or your ceremony*.
– The Farmhouse Gardens and lawns offering the opportunity for speeches, drinks and canape’s or the ceremony itself*.
* Subject to approval
Our venue will comprise of 2 adjoined 18th century farm barns, tastefully converted to host your special day, with a large central barn forming the main venue space.
We have created a bridal suite; here there is a large kitchen come sitting room, as well as a well-proportioned bedroom with ample storage and en-suite bathroom tastefully tiled with double shower.
We are fortunate enough to have seven tastefully appointed self catering cottages which can accommodate up to 40 of your guests in comfort and just 20 yards from the venue.
Similar venues we know you'll love
Not sure this is the venue for you? No problem. Based on your search results, here are some other options that we think might tickle your fancy...