Aikwood Tower nestled in the heart of the Scottish Borders is a perfect marriage of ancient and modern, making it the ideal venue if you’re looking for a unique, intimate Scottish castle wedding with five-star style.
Built in the 1540s, the striking Grade A-listed Scottish tower house is set amongst the peace and tranquility of stunning woodland and is steeped with history and romance. It has been sumptuously renovated and restored into five-star boutique accommodation without comprising on the integrity of the original building.
Available on an exclusive hire basis, Aikwood Tower has accommodation for eleven people and is ideal for religious, humanist or civil weddings with up to eighty guests. Couples are able to use the building and grounds as they wish depending on guest numbers and their wedding plans.
• The Laich Hall is perfect for a ceremony, with the nupitals presided over by a historic marriage stone woven into the wall that celebrates the marriage of Robert Scott of Aikwood and Elspeth Murray of Elibank in 1602.
• Small weddings can take place in front of a roaring fire in the Great Hall.
• The converted barn provides an impressive rustic space for wedding breakfasts and dancing.
• The beautiful walled garden and orchard offer a wonderful outdoor setting for drinks, photographs and games.
• Many couples also choose to have their ceremony outside on the lawn or terrace (Scottish weather permitting!)
No two weddings are the same at Aikwood Tower and so central to the planning process is close collaboration with every couple to bring their ideas to life, creating the style and atmosphere that’s just perfect for them. An experienced wedding team is on hand to provide specialist and creative advice on all aspects of the wedding day – from budget advice to venue styling, flowers to photographers, drinks to music.
This venue has no reviews.
Similar wedding venues we know you'll love
Not sure this is the venue for you? No problem. Based on your search results, here are some other options that we think might tickle your fancy...