60 Stunning Short Wedding Dresses For 2022
Published date: 5th November 2021 | Author: Hollie Bond
NB: To help you browse our best suggestions we have included some third party links. Some purchases made through these links may earn us a commission to help keep our blogs and offers current and up to date. Thanks for your support!
Show off perfectly polished pins and dance the night away in style in one of these dreamy short wedding dresses
Long wedding dresses aren’t for everyone. If you’re not the sort of girl who dreams of sashaying down the aisle in a full-skirted ballgown and are much more likely to be seen going out in a mini dress or vintage style tea dress, then a short wedding dress is for you.
Perhaps you’ve already chosen a traditional dress with a long skirt and fancy a second dress for the evening so you can dance without worrying about treading on your skirt.
Or maybe you’re having a civil ceremony before jetting off for a destination wedding elsewhere and are looking for something less formal and more relaxed for this part of your wedding celebrations. Whatever the reason, you’ll find the perfect short wedding dress to suit your wedding budget and style in our edit of 60 dresses for your 2022 wedding below.
How To Style Short Wedding Dresses
If you’ve decided to wear a short wedding dress on your big day then you’ll want to make sure you style it to show off the very best of your figure. Here are some top tips for making short wedding dresses look as gorgeous as full-length bridal gowns.
- Spend a lot of time shoe shopping! Your bridal shoes will be on show a lot more than with a long skirt. Think about the style of your dress and make sure the shoes work. For example, you don’t want to wear heavy platforms with a delicate tea-length dress as they will look too clumpy.
- Think about the neckline. If you want a demure look you’ll want to have a neckline that isn’t showing too much flesh as you’ll already have your legs out.
- Don’t think you can’t wear a veil. Just because your skirt is short doesn’t mean veils are out of the question. Just steer clear of cathedral-length or full length veils. Birdcage veils look particularly chic with short gowns.
- Think about why you want a short wedding dress. If it’s to allow you to move freely on the dance floor to your first dance song, ensure that your dress isn’t constricting you in any way and has a nice free-flowing skirt. Or if you’re having a beach wedding, choose a light loose fabric over anything too thick and structured.
1. Eve Sequin Mini Dress, £375, Needle & Thread
2. Caterina Embroidered Flared Wedding Dress, £295, Phase Eight
3. Ruffled Sleeveless Mini Wedding Dress in Guipure Lace, £87.50, Balzac Paris x La Redoute
Balzac for less than £100! Where do we sign up? This gorgeous mini dress is elegant, lacy and fitted – wedding dress perfection.
4. Carrie Bow Satin Midi Bridal Dress Ivory, £249, Monsoon
Sex and the City eat your heart out. This Carrie dress has a wonderfully flattering bodice with an exquisite bow detail. All for less than £250.
5. Bridal Corset Bodice Glitter Tulle Midi Dress, £110, Chi Chi London
This midi dress has a tulle skirt covered in sequins making it just perfect for any princess brides.
6. Ariane Lace Wedding Co-ord, £599, Whistles
7. One-shoulder ruffled sequined tulle mini dress, £252, Iro at The Outnet
This one-shouldered beauty is covered in sequins from neckline to hem, so is one for brides who love a bit of bling.
8. Sachin & Babi Archie Dress, $395, BHLDN
Statement accessories on short wedding dresses look amazing and we love this oversized bow with long train, giving you that bridal feeling while still showing off some sultry leg.
9. Monroe Jersey Dress, £420, Jane
Keep it simple and channel your inner Hollywood movie star with this curve-hugging midi dress that’ll look incredible at a city celebration.
10. Bridal midi smock dress with puff sleeves and frill hem in white, £40, Vila at ASOS
Brides on a budget will look a million dollars in this lacy smock dress with pretty puff sleeves that is an absolute steal.
11. Rachelle Dress, £350, Reformation
The ruched bodice on this midi length dress is so stylish and the skirt will work perfectly for sashaying down the aisle or dancing at night.
12. Floral Guipure Off the Shoulder Mini Dress with Full Sleeves, Lela Rose
The Addington dress from Lela Rose shows off a lot of shoulder and leg, but the puff sleeves and lace fabric make it the right side of sexy for your wedding day.
13. Yasbrianna occasion dress, £170, Y.A.S Bridal
One for the classic brides out there who might want a second dress in the evening. The square neckline on this lace dress is particularly stunning.
14. Lace Cornelli Embroidered Dress, £255, Chesca at John Lewis
This demure lace design would work really well for an older bride or a second wedding, showing just enough ankle and with the option to add a matching jacket.
15. Guipure Lace & Taffeta Mini Dress, £340, Self Portrait
Traditional, chic and brilliantly on budget, you can’t go wrong with this amazing short dress.
16. Payal Jain Archer Mini Dress, $345, BHLDN
This classic shift dress has a bridal edge thanks to the chic high neck and dreamy vintage inspired embellished bloom design.
17. ASOS EDITION Valerie lace halter neck midi wedding dress, £95, ASOS
A halter neck is a lovely way to show off some skin without feeling like you’re revealing too much. Paired with a midi lace overlay skirt and this is the high street short wedding dress of dreams.
18. Sleeveless Mini Wedding Dress in Cotton Mix, £113. 75, Delphine Manivet x La Redoute
This short dress has a skirt that was made for twirling and pretty haute couture touches from leading designer Delphine Manivet.
19. Marquise Cady Pencil Dress, £590, Jane
If you’re a fan of your legs but not your arms this is the dress for you. The 3/4 sleeves cover the upper arms in style while the pencil skirt shows off your pins.
20. Lace short-sleeved dress, £52.50, Esprit at La Redoute
This cap sleeved crew neck lace wedding dress will suit lots of different figures and is a brilliant choice for a relaxed wedding day.
21. Dana Harel Annaelle Wedding Dress, Browns Bride,
This dress is for any brides who want both long and short skirts. There’s a shorter mini underneath with more flowing tulle on top. We think this would work perfectly at a beach wedding.
22. Lace Bridal Midi Dress, £95, Chi Chi London
If you love a traditional bridal look, but without the designer price tag, this elegant dress is for you.
23. Frilled stretch woven mini dress, £1290, Alexander McQueen at Selfridges
From the designer behind the Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding dress comes this mini showstopper with incredible sleeves. The thicker fabric means it could work for a winter wedding too.
24. Adrianna Bead Short Dress, £123, Adrianna Papell at House of Fraser
Soften the sharp hems of short wedding dresses with an elegant neckline, like the soft frill sleeves and cowl neck design on this dress.
25. ASOS EDITION puff sleeve off shoulder mini wedding dress, £85, ASOS
Off the shoulder neckline with puff sleeves? It doesn’t sound possible, but this clever design pairs the two trends beautifully.
26. High-neck stretch lace mini dress, £465, Jenny Yoo at Selfridges
This long sleeved beauty is a wonderful way to have a short hem but still look every inch the demure, elegant bride.
27. Alice Cocoon Midi Dress, £165, Ted Baker
This gown would work well at a relaxed winter wedding and once you’ve worn it on your big day you could dress it down with boots and a jacket and have it as an everyday essential! Make it wedding perfect with skyscraper heels and a stunning birdcage veil.
28. Short wedding dress with V-neck and beading, Pronovias
Give off some Great Gatsby vibes with this statement frock, which shows that short wedding dresses can be just as wow-factor as long ones. We adore the feathered sleeves and so will your guests.
29. Anais Sequin Ballerina Dress, £410, Needle & Thread
This gown was made for dancing the night away. The flattering length skirt will sparkle under the lights of your dancefloor making for a magical first dance.
30. Eliza Lace Fit and Flare Wedding Dress, £140, French Connection
Find your perfect frock on the high street, where you’ll find this midi length beauty that is simple and timeless.
31. Juliette Dress, £218, Reformation
At first glance this is a simple spaghetti strap short wedding dress, but then you see the sexy thigh slit and it takes on a whole new designer look.
32. Long Sleeve Crepe Romper with Lace Detail and Slit, Lillian West
Can’t decide between long or short? Have the best of both worlds with this Lillian West creation that has a flowing overlay with lacy shorts underneath. And have you seen the back details? Simply divine.
33. Viktor & Rolf VRM257, Browns Bride
Guipere lace and cap sleeves combine to make this mini a thing of beauty and a fabulous choice as a second dress or for a civil ceremony.
34. Florentine Dress, £3750, Monique Lhuillier
This sexy short dress might cost more than your average long wedding dress, but it’s worth every penny for the designer touches like a low keyhole back and Chantilly lace.
36. Martha Medeiros, Nala mini dress, £1,590, Farfetch
This is ‘the one’ for boho brides. We can just see this on a bride at a country festival style wedding with a tipi and live music.
37. White Off Shoulder Bow Dress, £270, Self Portrait
When you’re going short you want to make a statement with your neckline and this strapless number with oversized bow certainly does that.
38. Aria, House of Mooshki
This label specialises in divine tea length dresses, and the Aria is a very pretty option in a soft pink with lace overlay.
39. Spaghetti Strap Beaded Mini Dress with Fringe, $199.95, David's Bridal
Transport your guests back to the Roaring Twenties with this flapper-style dress, complete with eye-catching fringed hemline.
40. Galvan Sequinned Bari Dress, £1,925, Harrods
This dress would look amazing at a destination wedding where you want to keep cool, but still show off your sophisticated high fashion style.
41. D1957 short wedding dress, Essence of Australia
This frock combines all the best styles of the past in one heavenly package. The tea length skirt is particularly lovely and the waist belt will give the illusion of a much smaller waist.
42. Alexander McQueen flared mini dress, £1124, Farfetch
Keep it simple but oh-so sultry in this designer dream with a skirt that was made for dancing.
43. Erdem Alina crystal-embellished Chantilly-lace dress, £6,495, Matches
This strapless midi number has it all going on – lace, crystals and a gorgeous slender boned bodice.
44. Lace-Faille Cap-Sleeve Cocktail Dress, £259, Ralph Lauren
This dress is so easy to wear and you’ll feel beautiful all day. You could wear this after your big day too making it a real bargain at just £259.
45. Live corded lace mini shirt dress, £207, Sandro at The Outnet
Collars are a massive trend for 2021, so look the part in this mini shirt dress that’ll be perfect for a city wedding or elopement.
46. Michelle feather trim sequin mini dress, £1295, 16Arlington
Where do we start with this awesome look. The collar, the all over sequins, the feather trim hem and those sleeves… pure perfection.
47. Look 2, Oscar de la Renta
If you’re confident in your skin and love showing off both legs and a bit of décolletage then this skimpy but stunning designer dress is for you.
48. Alexis Mabille Wrap-Waist Mini Dress, £1,925, Harrods
Is it a coat? Is it a dress? This design combines the two to utter perfection and is one incredible look for a winter wedding.
49. Dora removable cape midi bridal dress ivory, £349, Monsoon
This short wedding dress does double duty as a demure option for a church wedding with its chic lace cape and a sexy party number for the evening when you remove it.
50. Annie Embellished Wedding Dress, £325, Phase Eight
This slimming dress has city chic wedding written all over it. The embellished overlay and figure hugging design will ensure you cut an elegant figure at your town hall wedding.
51. Rudi dress, £435, Reformation
With its ivory silk and vintage inspired bodice, the Rudi dress looks like a classic 1940s dress, but the short hem line gives it a striking modern edge.
52. Alice McCall Moonstruck midi dress, £325, Farfetch
Forget tiers on your wedding cake, this year it’s all about tiered skirts and this gorgeous gown shows off the style to perfection.
53. Silk and Wool Mini Dress with Heirloom Inspired Brooches, Lela Rose
If you love vintage inspired details in your everyday clothes then this brooch covered dress will be right up your street. It’s a really original look for a standout bride.
54. Yasjanna occasion dress, £55, Y.A.S Bridal
If you’re having a laid back beach wedding with you toes in the sand you might want to consider this easy breezy gown that’ll keep you cool and looking amazing.
55. Hervé Léger x Julia Restoin Roitfeld recycled viscose-blend mini dress, £685, Selfridges
This designer is well known for making dresses that are seriously flattering and this mini marvel with illusion neckline is no exception.
56. Short flared wedding dress with V-neck, Pronovias
Love tulle but don’t want a huge princess ballgown? Then opt for this flared number, which has a skirt to die for and a fabulous neckline to boot.
57. Vivienne Westwood Mini Cora Cocotte, Browns Bride
Hayley Bieber wore the longer length version of this cool number, and we think it’s just as amazing in mini version.
58. Maisie, House of Mooshki
This vintage inspired tulle dress is a dream for any brides who love the style of the 50s. The elegant off the shoulder strapless neck will look amazing with a glittering necklace.
59. Satin V-Neck Tea Length A-Line Dress, $349.95, David's Bridal
This clean, modern design has skirt pockets, which are ideal if you’re nervous in front of the camera, as all you have to do is put your hands in them and you’ll look like a model.
60. The Vampire's Wife, Anastasia ruffled Leavers-lace mini dress, £1800, Matches
Forget the slightly gothic sounding name of this label, because this ruffled beauty is worthy of any fashionable wife-to-be.